Re: MD5/Des Hashing

Greg Johnson Perry-Spencer ( gjohnson@psci.net )
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 06:59:54 -0500 (EST)

The FreeBSD passwd file is MD5, this is why I find it strange that the two
encrypted strings don't match. Is my assumption correct that all MD5
encryption strings start with $1$? If so, when I run radius in debug mode
and it displays the encrypted passwd it generates to match against the
password in the Unix password file, why does it not start with $1$?

Thanks,
Greg