Re: Authentication Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 11 Aug 1998 13:32:13 -0700

Allen Mallari wrote:

> It's me again, I tried copying the file server.example to
> server in radius directory and rename the foo bar to my
> secret, it works but when i tried using the radlogin to test
> it, it shows me this:
>
> Good: 0 Bad: 0 T/O: 1 Avg: 0
>
> And when I look at the debug mode it doesn't authenticate
> the user.
>
> What could be the problem? Please help me.

The server file tells radlogin where to make the request to and
what secret to use. You also have to have an entry in RadiusNT
for the machine radlogin is running on so that RadiusNT will
accept the request. I would guess you don't have the later and
RadiusNT is ignoring the request (with a security breach error).
Add an entry for radlogin to RadiusNT's clients file (or in the
servers table for ODBC) and restart RadiusNT.

If that doesn't work, please include a cut/paste of the
RadiusNT -x15 debug of the error.