Re: ODBC errors

Ted Olson ( tolson@ocsnet.net )
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:07:32 -0700

Dale, following up on my previous post - the really high resp times
(5-digit!) you saw were in the first file attachment I sent you. Don't know
what might have caused that? Anyway, what we're seeing now in acct.log is
numbers comsistently in the 70-90 range (those are ms, right?),
occasionally a little over 100. Also, they remain pretty much the same
whether an error is recorded or not, i.e. not higher even when a key
violation error (ODBC 23000) occurs. Just FYI, still running Access97
w/2.5, multi-thread.

Thanks,
-Ted

At 09:30 AM 8/10/98 -0700, you wrote:
>It seems to be a response time problem. If you look at the response
>times, they are from 10 seconds upwards to 30 seconds. Thats not
>going to cut it. :(

And some even longer. What response time is considered normal, or acceptable?

Regarding -s mode, I don't see where that can be specified in either
radadmin or the registry. Where/how is that option set?

(BTW, migration to SQL/S is in our plans, just one step at a time...)

Thanks much,

-Ted Olson
OCS Software