Re: Request for Enhancement

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:46:30 -0700

hostmaster@interaxs.net wrote:

> I have been following several threads in various lists regarding multiple
> concurrent logon control. RadiusNT does an excellent joj of controlling this!
>
> The one feature that is very often mentioned that seems to be an excellent
> idea, for several reasons, including selling more dialin accounts to
> commercial entities using one dialin for all employees, is the ability to
> send an email to the offending account explaining that the logon was
> rejected due to the fact that the username is already logged on.
>
> Might there be a way to get RadiusNT to have this option in a not too
> distant release?

RadiusNT itself sends the message via the RADIUS protocol to the
RADIUS client. Many terminal servers will display this message in
plain text if the user did not use PAP/CHAP to authenticate. However,
the LCP/PAP/CHAP protocols do NOT have facilities for displaying
messages. Therefore, although not a limitation of RadiusNT, its not
possible to display a message to a majority of the users who have
concurrency problems.