[RadiusNT Digest]

radiusnt-digest-request@iea-software.com
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:01:08 -0700

Message 1: 3com and RadiusNT
from CPD- Jr <jr@ceub.br>

Message 2: Attribute 26 - vendor specific ?
from "Glenn, Bill" <Bill.Glenn@COMPAQ.com>

Message 3: Disconnect Codes?
from "Sam R. Akhtar" <srakhtar@ibisnet.net>

Message 4: RE: Disconnect Codes?
from "George G. Stossel" <STOSSEL@DACOR.COM>

Message 5: Re: Disconnect Codes?
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 6: strange problem with PM3 + radius
from peter@igr.nl (Kauffman Peter)

Message 7: SNMP support with RadiusNT 2.5.124
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 8: Log on problem
from "Ed Miller" <emiller@del.net>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: 3com and RadiusNT
From: CPD- Jr <jr@ceub.br>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 1998 12:18:11 -0300

Hello all,

I'm sorry if you already discuss this issue, but I searched for a
solution and could not find it.
We have a 3Com total control with 1 Hyper ARC, Authentication is working
but Accounting is not.
RadiusNT complains Field 'Calls.CallerID' can't be a zero-length
string.
On table calls I have callerid column empty, and accounting works just
fine when I try
c:\radlogin test test START ... STOP
NASIdentifier NASPort AcctSessionId AcctStatusType CallDate UserName
AcctDelayTime AcctSessionTime FramedAddress AcctInputOctets
AcctOutputOctets NASPortType ClientPortDNIS CallerID ConnectInfo
127.0.0.1 0 177627 1 8/5/98 3:05:56 PM test
127.0.0.1 0 178350 2 8/5/98 3:06:03 PM test 180

On table ServerPorts
--------------------
ServerID Port IPAddress MaxSessionTime CostPerMinute UserName
AcctStatusType CallDate FramedAddress
1 0 0 0 test 2 8/5/98 3:06:03 PM
2 1024 192.168.250.3 0 0 0

After a while even authentication requests times out, because of
accounting requests, that keep repeating for ever, the only way to fix
is reboot the 3Com box.

logfile:
--------
Thu Aug 06 10:49:48 1998: ODBC Error:S1000:-3702:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Field 'Calls.CallerID'
can't be a zero-length string.
Thu Aug 06 11:43:11 1998: ODBC Error:23000:-1053:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Index or primary key can't
contain a Null value.

debug -x25:
-----------
0) Mode: 1
1) IgnoreCase: 0
2) TrimName: 0
3) ReqAcctAuth: 0
4) AllowMalformed: 1
5) Proxy: 0
7) Debug: 0
8) LogFile:
9) AcctLogFile:
10) ODBCDatasource: Radius
11) Username:
12) Password:
13) AcctODBCDatasource:
14) AcctUsername:
15) AcctPassword:
16) DataDirectory: d:\servicos\radius
17) AcctDirectory: d:\servicos\radius
18) UsersFile: Users
21) IPAddress: 172.16.1.1

Resp Time: 15 Auth: 3/11 -> 14 Acct: 1/116/0 -> 117
radrecv: Request from host c8fc5c04 code=4, id=16, length=286

User-Name = "test"
NAS-Identifier = 192.168.250.3
Acct-Status-Type = Stop
Acct-Session-Id = "df556d81"
Acct-Delay-Time = 840
Acct-Authentic = RADIUS
User-Service = Framed-User
NAS-Port-Type = Async
NAS-Port = 1025
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Caller-Id = ""
NAS-Port-DNIS = "1968"
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Vendor-Specific = ""
Framed-Protocol = PPP
Framed-Address = 192.168.250.10
Vendor-Specific = ""
Received unknown attribute 51
Received unknown attribute 50
Acct-Session-Time = 5677
Acct-Terminate-Cause = User-Request
Acct-Input-Octets = 247104
Acct-Output-Octets = 12539273
Acct-Input-Packets = 9717
Acct-Output-Packets = 14691

SQL Statement: INSERT INTO Calls
(CallDate,UserName,NASIdentifier,AcctStatusType,AcctSessionId,AcctDelayTime,NASPortType,NASPort,CallerId,FramedAddress,AcctSessionTime,AcctInputOctets,AcctOutputOctets)
VALUES
(Now(),'colegio','192.168.250.3',2,'df556d81',840,0,1025,'','192.168.250.10',5677,247104,12539273)

ODBC Error:S1000:-3702:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Field 'Calls.CallerID'
can't be a zero-length string.

Resp Time: 312 Auth: 3/11 -> 14 Acct: 1/357/0 -> 358
radrecv: Request from host c8fc5c04 code=4, id=1, length=87
User-Name = "root"
NAS-Identifier = 192.168.250.3
Acct-Status-Type = Start
Acct-Session-Id = "root1"
Acct-Delay-Time = 0
Acct-Authentic = Local
User-Service = Shell-User
NAS-Port-Type = 5
Login-Service = Telnet
Login-TCP-Port = 1085
Login-Host = 200.252.92.1

SQL Statement: INSERT INTO Calls
(CallDate,UserName,NASIdentifier,AcctStatusTyp
e,AcctSessionId,AcctDelayTime,NASPortType) VALUES
(Now(),'root','192.168.250.3',
1,'root1',0,5)

ODBC Error:23000:-1053:
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] Index or primary key can't
contain
a Null value.

Resp Time: 15 Auth: 1/0 -> 1 Acct: 1/358/0 -> 359

3Com box:
---------------
ACCOUNTING SETTINGS:
Use_Servers: ONE
Primary Server is: 172.16.1.1
Primary Server Port is: 1646
Secondary Server is: 0.0.0.0
Secondary Server Port is: 1646
Retransmission Timeout: 60
Max Retranmissions: 0
Accounting Start Time: CONNECTION
Status is:
ENABLED

THANK YOU FOR HELP !
Regards,
JR

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Attribute 26 - vendor specific ?
From: "Glenn, Bill" <Bill.Glenn@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 10:37:21 -0500

If I may, I'd like to ask a question to any Radius knowledgable list
members. First, does RadiusNT 2.5.105 support vendor specific accounting
attributes? Second, if so what do I need to add to the dictionary file to
enable this attribute. I can,see the attribute is present in the accounting
debug log but it has a null value and I know a value is present in the
request packet.

Thanks

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Disconnect Codes?
From: "Sam R. Akhtar" <srakhtar@ibisnet.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 14:46:52 -0400

Somewhere along the line Radius stopped tracking disconnect codes from our
Max 4004 (6.1.3) and I've grown senile... there's an entry for
Ascend-Terminate-Code under Radius, but it's not being saved...

Can anyone give me a jump start?

Thanks...

Sam Akhtar

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: RE: Disconnect Codes?
From: "George G. Stossel" <STOSSEL@DACOR.COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:11:19 -0400

I believe the attribute is Ascend-Disconnect-Cause and you need to add
it to the Calls table excluding the hyphens and then restart RadiusNT.

George

George G. Stossel, President Phone:
419.352.3568
DACOR, Inc. FAX: 419.353.0149
519 W. Wooster Street Sales: 800.447.5333
Bowling Green, OH 43402-2763 03 USA Email:
stossel@dacor.com

From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 15:18:08 -0400

> From: Sam R. Akhtar <srakhtar@ibisnet.net>
> Somewhere along the line Radius stopped tracking disconnect codes from
our
> Max 4004 (6.1.3) and I've grown senile... there's an entry for
> Ascend-Terminate-Code under Radius, but it's not being saved...

The disconnect causes for Ascend products is Ascend-Disconnect-Cause.
Make sure that it's in your radius dictionary (attribute 195, type=integer
(type 1)).

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 6 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: strange problem with PM3 + radius
From: peter@igr.nl (Kauffman Peter)
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 08:57:22 +0200

We are working with the PM3, 60 ports and radiusNT V2.0.

At a certain moment we did shut down our system.
Both radiusserver and PM3 were out of power. After reboot we saw
something very strange. Every 10 seconds radius gets a login from NAS
port 89, cannot locate the "user" and rejects it.

Something is send from the PM3, a string, containing " Login, command
not" , as a part of more.
So we see a "user" login: Login command...and it is always NAS port 89.

We do not have a NAS port 89 ! the PM3 can carry 60 ports.
We upgraded the COMOS to 3.8.b13, but it was not a solution.
With our Livingston supplier we are searching for days now but cannot
locate the problem. The systems are running for 1 1/2 year with no
problems at all.

We cannot locate the "unknow call". It isn't there, not on the telephone
lines and not on the D-channels. There is Nothing!
We did analyse the network of the PM3 connections but could not find
anything.

Maybe there is someone who saw this problem, or something like it,
before, elswhere...

Thanks, Peter Kauffman

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 7 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: SNMP support with RadiusNT 2.5.124
From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 16:43:44 -0400

I upgraded our RadiusNT from 2.5.110 to 2.5.124 today, but only replaced
radius.exe and radadmin.exe; and added both mib.txt and radntmib.dll to
c:\radius\.
In Accordance with the instructions on page 32 of RadiusNT25.doc, I added
the appropriate registry keys, then restarted the SNMP service.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\RadiusNT\SNMP\Pathname
c:\radius\radntmib.dll
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\...\SNMP\Parameters\ExtensionAgents\3
SOFTWARE\IEA\RadiusNT\SNMP

While running snmpwalk on one of our unix systems, all information received
shows "-1" (except for "Config Reset" = 4). The docs say that if RadiusNT
isn't running, that "-1" will show for all entries, but RadiusNT IS running
(without any known problems). SNMP is functioning correctly on the server
in which RadiusNT is installed.

There are no subdirectories in c:\radius and in RadiusNT Admin, the Data
and Acct directory locations are left blank.

Does RadiusNT 2.5.124 not support the SNMP feature yet?

NT 4.0 SP3, MSSQL 6.5, Emerald 2.1.11, RadiusNT 2.5.124

Thanks for any info...

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 8 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Log on problem
From: "Ed Miller" <emiller@del.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 16:50:50 -0400

Hi All,

I am not sure where to put this. Emerald, RadiusNT or Ascend. We are
running RadiusNt 2.2 (no time to upgrade to 2.5) Emerald 2.2.38 and Ascend
Max4002 with 6.0.4 software.

We have unsolved problems with 2 of our customers.

1. Can call in in the morning 8 to 9 am but after 10 they can not get
in, usually till the next day. (The computer has been on all night, so it is
warm). When this happens. I do not even get a record in the Radius screen
output that they are trying. We keep x-2 going all the time and watch but
get nothing. They get a can negotiate a compatible protocol, I think.
They are using a standard radius setup :

samwaltz Password = "xxxxxx", Expiration = "Jan 01 1999"
Ascend-Idle-Limit = 1200
Ascend-Maximum-Channels = 1
Framed-Protocol = 1
User-Service = 2

This is the same setup as about 400 others in the system.

I told them it was a problem with hardware(modem) or some other program was
running at time. They said that they took it to the shop and everything was
ok.

2. When the customer dials directly into our Ascend he will not connect.
(Again no record.) Your hear the handshake on the customers end, then it
works down to a hiss and stays there. BUT if he dial long distance to one
of our down state numbers, which is relayed backed up to the same number in
the Ascend, he gets in and is connected at 40k+. We tried putting in a
couple on comas but it did not help. The customer has to dial 9 to get an
outside line.