Re: Multilink PPP with USR Chassis and RadiusNT/Emerald

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 16:20:53 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com <radiusnt@iea-software.com>
Date: August 3, 1998 12:58 PM
Subject: Re: Multilink PPP with USR Chassis and RadiusNT/Emerald

>Rudy Komsic wrote:
>>
>> we are running Quads on Netserver. we are using MPIP for interchassis
>> multilink protocol. to try this out, make sure you dial 1 chassis for
first
>> link then dial the second chassis and establish a connection. You will
notice
>> on the calls online you are connected once and when you hang up, you will
have
>> a port 6000 when you check the time online.
>
>In RadiusNT -x15 debug, you see an Accounting Start Packet for Port 6000
>and not a stop for it? If thas correct, then it definately would be a
>bug.

Actually what happens is this, let's say 2 MPP users connect to the system
both dialing the separate chassis. The first client connects, and his second
channel is connected via USR's MPIP (Multilink PPP Interchassis Protocol).
For the second channel, the authentication request comes from the 2nd chassis
but the accounting start record comes from the first chassis reporting it as
Port 6000. Now when the second person connects to the 2 chassis, the second
channel will report the same and what will occur within Radius is that the
first client's second channel lost connection (but his second channel is still
up) and starts the record for the second client's second channel on port 6000.
This seems like a bug with the MPIP Radius interaction. I am currently
talking with USR on this issue.