Re: Cisco filters and IP Pool

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 11:25:58 -0700

Mohammed Ersan wrote:

> we have a number Portmasters + Cisco 3640 working as Access Servers for
> Local and remote sites, on the Cisco I've created the required filters
> (same names on the PM & Cisco) but how do I make radius to assign the
> filter on the cisco and how could i prevent some one from assigning his
> address because if a dial-in user assigns his address he will be
> authenticated normally.....

To assign the filter in RadiusNT (assuming ODBC Mode) you need to add the
Framed-Filter attribute to the AccountType defaults in the RadATConfigs
table (or to the specific users's accountID in the RadConfigs Table).

I'm really not sure what you are asking in the second part about
"assigning his address" and "authenticated normally".