Re: DB problems, again.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 21 Jul 1998 00:35:15 -0700

Reid Sutherland wrote:

> In the documentation it states that MasterAccounts has pretty much nothing
> to do with anything except for if the user is active or not. But I found

Could you point me to where it says that?

> something fun today. MasterAccounts is checked for almost everything. In
> other words, loginp, password, accounttype, and shell are all checked here.

No they are not. MasterAccounts is one of many tables used in a cross tab
query. Those fields are from the SubAccounts table, not the MasterAccounts
table.

> Any reason for this not being in the docs?

Because its not correct?

> If I removed these fields I had to create from the Masteraccounts, Radius
> will not auth the user.
>
> Here's a snipet I got from Radius in -x15 mode.
>
> SQL Statement: Select DateDiff('n', Now, DateAdd('d', ma.Extension+1,
> maExpireDate)), DateDiff('n', Now, DateAdd('d', ma.Extension+1,
> maExpireDate)), sa.AccountID, sa.AccountType, sa.Password, sa.Login,
> sa.Shell From MasterAccounts ma, SubAccounts sa Where (sa.Login='fitzgewi'
> or sa.Shell='fitzgewi') AND ma.CustomerID=sa.CustomerID and sa.Active<>0 and
> ma.Active<>0

sa is an alias for the subaccounts table and ma is an alias for the
MasterAccounts table. Therefore, the fields used in the abovre are:

MasterAccounts SubAccounts
Extension AccountID
maExpireDate AccountType
CustomerID Password
Active Login
Shell
Active

I'm really not sure exactly what you think is wrong?