Re: Specific IP Address Assignment

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:17:19 -0700

OTR Communications, LLC wrote:

> I read the messages earlier concerning how to assign a specific IP address
> to a customer. The response for a system that was using RadiusNT in text
> mode made good since, however, how would you assign specific a IP address
> to a user if you are using RadiusNT in ODBC mode.

You would make entries in the RadConfigs table for the User's AccountID.
This is covered in the docs, I believe.

> I am using a Bess filter proxy and need to point some clients to it's IP
> address. I am very new with RadiusNT and Emerald, so if you could give
> some detailed instructions, I would appreciate it.

With Emerald, just add the RADIUS information in the RADIUS tab
for the service. You have to add all the attributes, since the
defaults are not used when you have specific attributes for a
user.