Re: Can I ?

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 04:38:05 -0700

Syed Mohammad Talha wrote:

> I am using Radiusnt and the using the 3Com access servers. I want to know
> that can I authenticate the remote users on the server and the users from
> my data base at a time.

Most NASes can authentication from RADIUS and their local database (usually
their local user database it checked first and if the user is not found,
then RADIUS is used).

> Or do I have to use the text mode for making the users whcih I dont want to
> be authenticated from my other users database.

What "other users" database are you referring to here? You typically
only add the users you want to authenticate, not the ones you do not
want to authenticate.