Re: The Incredible Expanding Database

Scott Lagos ( slagos@net1plus.com )
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 16:32:57 -0400

Part of the problem in Access with at least RADIUS version 2.2, and this
may be the same for 2.5, is that each time a query is called from the mdb
it is compiled and it takes up space within the database - this space can
only be recovered with a compact.

I know that 2.2 calls the CallsOnLine query directly instead of pulling the
query externally with a SQL statement refering to the required tabled. I
suspect, but I'm not certain, that this is the cause of the bloating.

There are a few articles on MS Support that descrive about 10 different
ways that bloating occurs.