Re: 4000 Users +

Graeme Slogrove ( (no email) )
Sun, 28 Jun 1998 12:05:48 +0200

On 27 Jun 98 at 15:14, Dale Reed wrote:

> type the whole name in and hit edit and it will search/load the
> service.

Ahh, interesting .. ;) Thanks.

> Emerald isn't designed for having 4000 users under a single MBR.
> Anyone trying to do that should have a Group and put them in as
> services, since thats most likely what you really want to do
> anyways.

Yes, it's the ideal situation - however, we have a franchise with
just on 600 users, who they bill seperately. Therefore it makes more
sense to put all the users under one master account, with an expiry
date of 1/1/2050, so it's their responsibility for marking active /
not active.

Regards,
Graeme

---Graeme Slogrove, BSc (Eng) Elec (Wits)FastLight Data Distribution cchttp://www.fdd.netTel: +27-(0)11-706-0212   Fax: +27-(0)11-706-0812