Re: Changing machines

Dale Reed ( daler@iea-software.com )
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 14:55:27 -0700

Victor Alba wrote:

> We've gotten to the point that we need to change Emerald and Radius onto a
> different machine and wanted to ask for advice as to what's the safest way
> to go about this. Since we are moving onto a new machine we'll take the
> advantage to upgrade radius from 2.2 to 2.5. We've already got SQL in the
> new machine; should I just copy everything to the new machine and then run
> the Radius upgrade... those who have done it may give some advice as to
> what steps to follow to minimize mistakes

What I would do is create a new Database (with seperate log and data
database devices) of the size of your current Database. Then use
SQL Enterprise Manager to transfer the database over to the new
machine. Then just change your ODBC configuraions (and Emerald client
logins) to point to the new machine. Its actually fairly
straightforward
to do. You can run the rad25_up.sql after you transfer the database and
just install RadiusNT on the new machine. This will give you time to
test everything before switching over to production.