RE: Issues after upgrading radius from 2.2.25 to 2.5.124

George G. Stossel ( (no email) )
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 09:44:39 -0400

Sheldon,

Yes, It can be done. We did it while our server rejected all incoming
calls and the complaint line rang off the hook. I suggest the
following:

Install 2.5 in a separate directory and move a copy of your database to
that directory.

Open the database and import any tables from the sample radius97.mdb
that are not in you 2.2 database.

Add the additional data elements that appear in the radius97.mdb for
like named tables.

Rename NASPort to Port in the tables and queries in your 2.2 database
that the 2.5 sample show as being named differently. This will also
affect any reports you have defined, but this can be down after 2.5 is
up and running.

Run the admin GUI and set your parameters. Install the service then
stop and restart.

Keep the manual handy as it has all of the table and registry changes
documented, but not in roadmap form. You will have to simply compare
what's in the book to what's on your server and make the changes.

George

George G. Stossel, President Phone:
419.352.3568
DACOR, Inc. FAX: 419.353.0149
519 W. Wooster Street Sales: 800.447.5333
Bowling Green, OH 43402-2763 03 USA Email:
stossel@dacor.com