Re: Some Users are Not AUthenticating

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:21:38 -0700

Sheldon Edwards wrote:

> We have a puzzling problem. We are using radius and running it in
> debug mode. Looking at the information scrolling by, some users appear
> not to be authenticating. We are running radiusNT in odbc and text mode.
> The user which is not authenticating has a valid record in the
> subaccounts table. All the information in the subaccounts table was
> imported from an external source. The masteraccounts table was not
> populated. Looking at the SQL Trace of what was going on in the
> database, the SQL statement that is authenticating the user is pulling
> information from both the masteraccounts and the subaccounts table.
> Could this be the reason why some users are not authenticating if there
> is no information in the masteraccounts table??

Yes. Unless you altered the relationships in the sample database (which
I assume you did), you can not have a subaccount without a masteraccount.
Both are required to make a single user.

> It really is a puzzler because logically no one should be authenticating
> but some people are authenticating. We tried the authentication on both
> RadiusNT 2.2 and RadiusNT 2.5 with the same result. Help...............

If you masteraccounts table is empty, no users from the database are being
authenticated. Most likely you have some users in the users file and those
are the ones that are authenticating.