RE: RadiusNT and NAS's

Chuck ( )
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:47:50 -0400

At 12:15 PM 6/9/98 -0400, you wrote:
>When there is no authentication, what happens?

The auth times out, disconnects the caller, does not revert to the backup
server. When using the "_auth username password" command in the ARC, it
simply hangs.

>You can run RadiusNT in the debug mode and
>determine where the exact problem occurs.

In debug, IEA 2.5, will not use the NT database due to permissions, for any
of the clients. Only text entry mode which I already have anyway. For IEA
1.16.60 (flat file only), ACK is sent, so it seems that radius is doing
its job, but the TC/ARC is not dealing with it properly. The TC/Netserver
and Maxen auth fine this way only, but not through NT's database.

>I would assume there would be similar functionality
>in the other Radius you are using.

Livingston 2.0.1 seems to use GUI only, and debug is entered in both the
logfile and event entries at all when attempting to
authenticate a valid user through one of the NAS's that are timing out.