RE: RadiusNT and NAS's

Chuck ( Administrator@eagnet.com )
Tue, 09 Jun 1998 12:47:50 -0400

At 12:15 PM 6/9/98 -0400, you wrote:
>When there is no authentication, what happens?

The auth times out, disconnects the caller, does not revert to the backup
server. When using the "_auth username password" command in the ARC, it
simply hangs.

>You can run RadiusNT in the debug mode and
>determine where the exact problem occurs.

In debug, IEA 2.5, will not use the NT database due to permissions, for any
of the clients. Only text entry mode which I already have anyway. For IEA
1.16.60 (flat file only), ACK is sent, so it seems that radius is doing
its job, but the TC/ARC is not dealing with it properly. The TC/Netserver
and Maxen auth fine this way only, but not through NT's database.

>I would assume there would be similar functionality
>in the other Radius you are using.

Livingston 2.0.1 seems to use GUI only, and debug is entered in both the
logfile and event viewer...no entries at all when attempting to
authenticate a valid user through one of the NAS's that are timing out.

ck