Re: couldn't open server to find servers

Jerry Mahler ( (no email) )
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:31:38 -0500

Here's another piece of info regarding the below problem:

The CHAP-response is always empty the first time I try to dial in after
rebooting the Windows NT machine I am dialing into.

Perhaps that will shed some light on the problem.

-Jerry

"Jerry Mahler" <Jerry_Mahler@mw.3com.com> on 06/05/98 02:02:57 PM

Please respond to radiusnt@iea-software.com

To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
cc:
Subject: Re: couldn't open server to find servers

Deleting the keys didn't seem to work. Now the NT machine I am dialing in
on complains that there are no authentication protocols available, and the
call is dropped even before a RADIUS request is made.

Any other ideas of what the problem could be?

I think my setup is about as simple and plain as can be -- nothing at all
strange. Did anyone else have to do anything special to get RadiusNT to
work with Windows NT RRAS?

-Jerry

"Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com> on 06/05/98 01:03:21 PM

Please respond to radiusnt@iea-software.com

To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
cc:

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Kevin Ingram wrote:

> I don't know about the most recent RRAS, but most versions you must
delete
> the CHAP & SPAP keys in (I think) HKLM\SYSTEM\SERVICES\RASMAN\PPP (pulled
> from memory, if not correct email me). Restart NT machine and try it
again.

ALthough you may not want to always do CHAP, RadiusNT 2.5 does support
the CHAP attributes as sent by RRAS.

> Kevin Ingram

IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com