RE: RadiusNT 2.5 upgrade

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 19:28:50 -0700 ()

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998 eric@valleynetworking.com (Eric Cowperthwaite) wrote:

> No, no secrets are in use. The servers table in the database
> does not contain a secret, the NAS does not have a secret, the
> clients and servers files do not contain secrets and Radadmn
> is not use secrets.

Then put them in. I have no idea what would happen if you tried
to use no secrets. I don't even know if its detailed in the
RFC how to handle this. You should always have matching secrets
defined for everything.

As a secondary though. SQL Server doesn't support a zero length string,
so the secret is a single space (since I believe it doesn't allow
NULL). On your NAS, a blank secret is most likely truely a zero
length string. Those are NON-MATCHING secrets.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs
Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com