Re: Static IP / time outs / binding 2 64K channels

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sat, 16 May 1998 11:25:57 -0700 ()

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Emerald List server Mail wrote:

> Can some one please tell me how to set up static IP's and to set
> up 10 minute timeouts? I have MAX 4048's & MAX 4002 's

Use an Attribute Set like this:

Framed-Protocol = PPP
Framed-Address = x.x.x.x
Ascend-Maximum-Time = 600

If you are in ODBC mode, these would go in the RadConfigs table
with an AccountID matching the user's AccountID from SubAccounts.

> Also how does one handle binding both 64K channels and keeping them nailed?

Set an idle timeout of 0. You may need to setup some additional
attributes or options if you are running concurrency control.
The Ascend RADIUS supplement documentation includes examples for
multi-link PPP user entries. I would highly recommend reading
that section of the manual, as it will answer a lot of your
questions.

Dale