Re: NASidentifier problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 14 May 1998 23:17:33 -0700

Lamar Townsend wrote:

> Well,
> I finally got CallsOnline working today along with most of the
> accounting between my USR Total Control hubs and Emerald/RadiusNT. But I
> am still having one small problem.. After I got the first few calls
> conntected and the huge rush of excitement lifted (I'm sure most of you can
> relate) I noticed I was getting an error in radius running in x15 mode..
> Something about the NASidentifier being null How do I fix this little
> problem? Also, what is the unknown attribute 50 and 51? Below is part of
> the Radius log.

I'm not sure about the 50 and 51 attributes. Check the USR docs
and they should tell you what they are. You can add them in the
Emerald Admin, Config Radius, Attributes section.

> Resp Time: 361 Auth: 1/0 -> 1 Acct: 2/1/0 -> 3
> radrecv: Request from host cfcb0a22 code=4, id=41, length=66
> Acct-Status-Type = 7
> Acct-Delay-Time = 2460
> Acct-Session-Id = "This is an Accounting ON message"
>
> ODBC: SQLExecDirect Error 233:
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The column NASIdentifier in
> table Calls may not be null.

RadiusNT 2.5 supports the accounting on/off records (it just acks them
right now). RadiusNT 2.2 doesn't handle them, and to succesfully
work you would have to have a default on all of the Key fields, except
Acct-Session-ID (which is likely to fail anyways, seeing how long it
is).