Re: resizing fields in SQL 6.5

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 1 May 1998 15:13:31 -0400

> From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
>
> If you use Visual InterDev, SQL 6.5 and SP3 or greater you can resize a
field without rebuilding the database.

Does Visual InterDev have to be on the same machine as SQL?
How is this resizing done?
I've never used InterDev, but we do have it on another machine in the
office (one of our other employees uses it for something).
There are a few fields that I've always wanted to increase a bit, but could
never find an "easy" way of doing it because of all sorts of constraints,
etc. My database was re-created back in 10/96, and back then, I knew
nothing about SQL. If I had, I could have adjusted the stuff in the SQL
script that came with Emerald before runnning. Oh well...

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com