Re: Users can't reconnect

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:17:32 -0400

> From: Ed Miller <emiller@del.net>
> I started playing with RadiusNT 2.5 this morning. Put it on a backup
> machine and seemed to go on with no trouble. BUT since then I have had a
> lot of problems with people getting off and not being able to get back
on.
> Emerald thinks that they are still on.

When you're running RadiusNT 2.5 (2.5.100?), are you doing it in debug mode
or do you have it running as a service? Either way, is accounting being
handled via ODBC or text file? If you're not using ODBC as the means for
logging ACCT records, then Emerald will have no way of knowing that the
users have disconnected. Until this problem is resolved, you might want to
disable Concurrency Control in the RadiusNT Admin.
By the way, I forgot to ask you this when we upgraded your Max last week,
but do you have any Unix machines? Having a SysLog output from the Max
helps tremendously because you can watch almost everything that goes on
with the Max. I don't know if the SysLog output has to go to a Unix
machine or not, but our Maxes output to one of our Suns, while everything
else is handled by our NT machines. Right now, your SysLog settings in the
Max are not set (at least they weren't when we upgraded your Max).

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com