Re: User file

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:27:44 -0400

> From: Edward B <ebroo@mychoice.net>
> I am assuming that the export of the users file that Emerald will do, is
> not compatible with other versions of radius (i.e ascend or livingston)
> Without first modifing every single user entry. Has anyone tried to use a
> backup unix type server running either of these verisons of radius ?

As a tertiary backup radius server, we use Ascend's radius on a Sun running
Solaris 2.4. The users file that is used is taken directly from Emerald
2.1.11 and isn't modified in any way. Only a few modifications were made
to Ascend's dictionary file on that machine. Primary and secondary radius
servers are NT 4.0 based and use RadiusNT 2.5.100. Our Ascend Maxes use
6.0.x.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com