Re: User file

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 15:27:44 -0400

> From: Edward B <>
> I am assuming that the export of the users file that Emerald will do, is
> not compatible with other versions of radius (i.e ascend or livingston)
> Without first modifing every single user entry. Has anyone tried to use a
> backup unix type server running either of these verisons of radius ?

As a tertiary backup radius server, we use Ascend's radius on a Sun running
Solaris 2.4. The users file that is used is taken directly from Emerald
2.1.11 and isn't modified in any way. Only a few modifications were made
to Ascend's dictionary file on that machine. Primary and secondary radius
servers are NT 4.0 based and use RadiusNT 2.5.100. Our Ascend Maxes use

Josh Hillman