Re: RadiusNT ODBC problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:11:30 -0700

Greg Hastings wrote:

> Yes, I believe the last line before the command prompt says "acct no bind
> error" or "acct bind no error". No other error messages. I had taken this
> to mean "no error". (I'm not where I can run the machine to be exact).

When you get a chance, please send the -x15 debug.

> I have removed RadiusNT from that machine a few times. And reinstalled.
> There doesn't appear to be another instance of Radius running. I have even
> gone into the registry and removed all references to radius that I could
> find. However, there are a few entries (keys?) in the registry that are
> titled something like "LEGACY_RADIUSNT" which I cannot remove. The registry
> editor says I can't. There are also some similar entries called
> "LEGACY_SBRADIUS" which appear to relate to another radius product that we
> tried a while back.

Those registry entries shouldn't matter.

> Also, nothing shows up in the processes or applications lists in
> taskmanager.

You may want to check your services file and make sure it contains
the correct two lines for RadiusNT. If you accidentally used the
wrong port that another application is using, you would be getting
this error as well.

> There is, a copy of RadiuNT which is running on the NT Backup Domain Server,
> which is the primary radius server. It is authenticating from an Emerald
> SQL Server database on that same machine (not the machine we are having the
> current problem with which is the NT Primary Domain Controller). Any
> possibility that because both machines are NT Domain Controllers (Primary
> and Secondary) that this could be causing the problem?

Other machines running RadiusNT have no affect on the local instance.