Re: Ascend MAX & Radius

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 17:45:19 -0400

> Josh Hillman wrote:
> > I would say the first thing you should do is upgrade the OS on the Max
> > 6.0.2; if you still have problems, check out the timeout values that
Dale
> > mentioned.
> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> Actually, I'd reccommend going to 5.0Ap42. Thats the first thing our
> support group should tell you. The earlier versions has lots of RADIUS
> problems.

Out of curiosity, what's the significance of 5.0Ap42 over 6.0.x? We were
using this prior to 6.0.x and noticed that p42 had slightly lower initial
connection speeds for some people in comparison to p38. When we upgraded
from p42 to 6.0.0, the initial connection speeds went back up again (while
many people displayed no noticable change through any transitions from p38
to p42 to 6.0.0). Of course 6.0.0 also offered a lot of handy
features/utilities. We've been using 6.0.x for a while now with our 4004,
4048, and 4002 and haven't encountered any problems at all (associated with
the OS). We do have occasional modem slot problems in one of our maxes,
but it's hardware related and has been going on since before 6.0.x was even
available.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com