Re: Ascend MAX & Radius

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 20 Apr 1998 16:30:41 -0400

> From: smart@cyberun.net
> >> I Have A Ascend Max 2012 That is sending stop and start messgaes two
and
> >> three times everything appeares to be configured correctly Any ideas?
> Ascend Software +5.0Ap1+
> Radius Verson 2.2.41

I would say the first thing you should do is upgrade the OS on the Max to
6.0.2; if you still have problems, check out the timeout values that Dale
mentioned.

6.0.2:
ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Max/Release-6.0.X/6.0.2
ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Max/Release-6.0.X/6.0.2/doc

Make sure that you install a "thin" version then install a "fat" version.
Thin versions start with the letter "r" (restricted). Fat versions start
with "f". The upgrade procedure on pages 13-22 (MAX 6.0.0 Release Notes)
in the .pdf format, tells you how to do this in more detail.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com