[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Fri, 21 Aug 1998 00:00:43 -0700

Message 1: Passwordchange via Internet
from "Bernhard Quirbach" <bq@iq-systems.de>

Message 2: Re: Passwordchange via Internet
from "Danny Sinang" <danny@uplink.com.ph>

Message 3: secret handshake or code word needed
from Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>

Message 4: [update] Strange NT Bootup
from "Kendrick Myatt" <myattk@datatek.com>

Message 5: RE: Passwordchange via Internet
from "David Scott" <davidscott@mtgroup.com>

Message 6: MS DNS Mail routing problem
from "Beverly Wise" <bev@hyper-drive.com>

Message 7: Re: MS DNS Mail routing problem
from "David Payer" <david.payer@ia-omni.com>

Message 8: Re: MS DNS Mail routing problem
from "Eric Fagan" <mailserve@pdqnet.net>

Message 9: Re: Passwordchange via Internet
from "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>

Message 10: Re: secret handshake or code word needed
from "Dave" <davem@netmedia.com.au>

Message 11: Re: MS DNS Mail routing problem
from "ken french" <frenchkc@gru.net>

Message 12: Front Page Server
from "Sam Lowe" <slowe@universalcom.net>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Passwordchange via Internet
From: "Bernhard Quirbach" <bq@iq-systems.de>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:20:05 +0100

Hi all!

How can an user change his password by connecting to the server via Intern=
et.

TIA

Bernhard Quirbach

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Passwordchange via Internet
From: "Danny Sinang" <danny@uplink.com.ph>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:32:04 +0800

Use DewNT .

You can download and buy it from www.solutions.nu .

- Danny Sinang

From: Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:50:20 -0400

okay i give up. i have been to livingstons website 3 times and signed up for the
radius and portmaster lists. But nothing after 3 days.
are the list down ? if not what is the secret handshake so i can start
getting these since i'm sure a few of you are on it.

thanks

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: [update] Strange NT Bootup
From: "Kendrick Myatt" <myattk@datatek.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:08:23 -0500

First off, I really appreciate all the responses! :) It's always
nice to know there are lots of helpful people out there. I wish I
had more time to spend on lists and newsgroups as I once did, but I
find myself having less and less time to even read the lists, much
less help others as I used to. Newsgroups I don't even try to keep
up with anymore...

Unfortunately none of the suggestions helped me since they either
didn't apply to my situation, or I had already tried them. I'm doing
an upgrade install currently since it will not let me do a parallel
for some reason, but it is taking f o r e v e r to go through the
setup. If I can't get the upgrade finished and working after today,
I'm just going to have to blow the whole thing off and start from
scratch, since there are likely several underlying problems :(

Oh well, such is life... Thanks again for the help!

Regards,

Kendrick

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 5 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "David Scott" <davidscott@mtgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:47:27 -0500

<SHAMELESS PLUG> Or you can download a CGI for doing this from our site at
http://www.mtgroup.com/mtgdownloads.htm </SHAMELESS PLUG>.

David Scott
davidscott@mtgroup.com
http://www.access-developer.com
http://www.mtgroup.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 6 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: MS DNS Mail routing problem
From: "Beverly Wise" <bev@hyper-drive.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:21:58 -0400

To all on the list,
We have been running MS DNS for over 6 months now with no problem. Just
recently I have noticed a problem with some domains for e-mail not being
found, then bounced back. At first I thought it was operator error, then
after doing my own testing, I found that it was not. The domain,
scoot.netis.com, when looked up by my server says this...
> scoot.netis.com [MX IN]
Server: fallscity.net

Address: 209.12.114.2
*** No mail exchanger (MX) records available for scoot.netis.com

Now, when I do it with another providers DNS server, and they are running
UNIX I get this.

> scoot.netis.com [MX IN]
Server: aye.net
Address: 206.185.8.9

netis.com

origin = netis.netis.com

mail addr = postmaster.netis.netis.com

serial = 98051701

refresh = 10800 (3 hours)

retry = 3600 (1 hour)

expire = 604800 (7 days)

minimum ttl = 86400 (1 day)

Is there some patch that I am missing that I am missing domains? This has
not changed in 2 weeks. It is always this way.

Thanks in advance!

Beverly L. Wise
Systems Operator
Falls City Net Services
http://www.fallscity.net

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 7 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: MS DNS Mail routing problem
From: "David Payer" <david.payer@ia-omni.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:38:55 -0500

+AD4-To all on the list,
+AD4- We have been running MS DNS for over 6 months now with no problem. Just
+AD4-recently I have noticed a problem with some domains for e-mail not being
+AD4-found, then bounced back. At first I thought it was operator error, then
+AD4-after doing my own testing, I found that it was not. The domain,
+AD4-scoot.netis.com, when looked up by my server says this...
+AD4APg- scoot.netis.com +AFs-MX IN+AF0-
+AD4-Server: fallscity.net
+AD4-
I mentioned this several weeks ago. This is a bug known to MS. The error
occurs when a UNIX system does not put in an MX record for their machine.
The RFC says if there is no MX record, use the A record of the address it is
directed to. The MS DNS does not do this.

I have since then pointed my mail servers to my upstream providers
resolvers. This is a fundamental flaw in my estimation. I think they would
have jumped on it with a solution but alas.

David Payer
OMNI Internet

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 8 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Eric Fagan" <mailserve@pdqnet.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 16:01:36 -0600

From: "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:06:25 -0400

First of all,

Is this for a Radius/Emerald Database? If so, just goto
ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/contrib/idc/Tmon_idc.zip and download this
small IDC Script I have created. It does Password Checking, Summary Time
online, Detailed Time online and displays Expiry Date of account.

Small and easy to use...

><SHAMELESS PLUG> Or you can download a CGI for doing this from our site at
>http://www.mtgroup.com/mtgdownloads.htm </SHAMELESS PLUG>.
>
>David Scott
>davidscott@mtgroup.com
>http://www.access-developer.com
>http://www.mtgroup.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 10 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: secret handshake or code word needed
From: "Dave" <davem@netmedia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 09:12:26 +1000

Welcome to the portmaster-users-digest mailing list!

send the following command in email to
"portmaster-users-digest-request":

unsubscribe

Or you can send mail to "majordomo" with the following command
in the body of your email message:

Here's the general information for the list you've
subscribed to, in case you don't already have it:

The Lucent Remote Access Division hosts several mailing lists. To
subscribe to a mailing list, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
'subscribe [listname]'. To post to a mailing list of which you are
already a member email '[listname]@livingston.com'. And to
'unsubscribe [listname]'. If you need assistance please email
'owner-[listname]@livingston.com'. Where, of course, [listname] is
replaced by the actual name of the mailing list. They are listed
here:

>okay i give up. i have been to livingstons website 3 times and signed up
for the
>radius and portmaster lists. But nothing after 3 days.
>are the list down ? if not what is the secret handshake so i can start
>getting these since i'm sure a few of you are on it.
>
>thanks

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 11 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "ken french" <frenchkc@gru.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:46:27 -0400

Does the following detail the problem+ADs-
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q159/3/10.asp

Note the second sympton, which sounds like what is happening.

It would appear you have to pay for the solution, except, check out the
following+ADs-
But check on this page and read the text +ACI-How do I find that Hot Fix file? +ACI-
HTTP://WWW.EZine.Com/QandAHotFix.html

Has anyone tried this solution and recovering expenses from
MS?

From: "Sam Lowe" <slowe@universalcom.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 20:55:18 -0500

Can any of you share your experiences (good or bad) with offering Front Page
server support to clients. I have been led to believe there are a number of
security problems with the service. I know this is a Radius group but some
of you actually seem to know what you are doing!

Samuel S. Lowe
Director, Data Network Services
UniversalCom, Inc
Voice 850-837-0077 VM x116