Re: MS DNS Mail routing problem

ken french ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 19:46:27 -0400

Does the following detail the problem+ADs-
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q159/3/10.asp

Note the second sympton, which sounds like what is happening.

It would appear you have to pay for the solution, except, check out the
following+ADs-
But check on this page and read the text +ACI-How do I find that Hot Fix file? +ACI-
HTTP://WWW.EZine.Com/QandAHotFix.html

Has anyone tried this solution and recovering expenses from
MS?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Fagan +ADw-mailserve+AEA-pdqnet.net+AD4-
To: ntisp+AEA-iea-software.com +ADw-ntisp+AEA-iea-software.com+AD4-
Date: Thursday, August 20, 1998 6:06 PM
Subject: Re: MS DNS Mail routing problem

-----Original Message-----
From: David Payer +ADw-david.payer+AEA-ia-omni.com+AD4-

+AD4APg-recently I have noticed a problem with some domains for e-mail not being
+AD4APg-found, then bounced back. At first I thought it was operator error, then

+AD4-I mentioned this several weeks ago. This is a bug known to MS. The error

David is correct -- the bug is with MS DNS. It has yet to be resolved.

+AD4-I have since then pointed my mail servers to my upstream providers
+AD4-resolvers. This is a fundamental flaw in my estimation. I think they would

I did the same thing last year when I found the problem. I have secondary
DNS offsite hosted on a +ACo-nix machine. On my mail machine, I simply reversed
pri +ACY- sec DNS so that my mailserver DNS queries are completed correctly via
my upstream secondary.

Eric
mailserve+AEA-pdqnet.net