RE: backup software

Jeff Woods ( jwoods@delta.com )
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:47:33 -0400

Same thing with my backup of choice, Cheyenne Arcserve. Really, its 6 of
1, Arcserve or Backup Exec. I prefer Arcserve for its better support of
tape changers, and its slightly lower price on those add-on modules (such
as the Tape Changer Option, the SQL Backup Agent, and the Open Files Agent).

Both Backup Exec and Arcserve require separate modules for the backing up
of open files, and "open files module" isn't good enough for SQL servers --
you need the SQL server backup module. These modules are about $450 with
Arcserve.