Re: Pagers and ISPs

Mike Stankavich ( (no email) )
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:42:15 -0700

Jeffrey (and Ken),

As you may or may not know iMail stores its user information in the NT
Registry. What I have done is developed a Visual Basic app that calls the
Registry API and creates, updates or deletes all the necessary iMail account
information. I originally developed it as an ActiveX DLL called from a
trigger using sp_OACreate, etc which worked fine when I was running SQL and
iMail on the same server, but I had some problems with that approach when I
moved SQL to a different server. Now I have a table that I insert into with
a trigger and run the VB program on the iMail server against that table on a
timer. It's been pretty stable since I made that change. If I invested some
time I could remove my implementation-specific code so that anybody using
iMail could use it. I've also thought about making it a full-fledged NT
service, but I haven't had the time to do that so far. As I have a
considerable amount of time and trouble invested in this program I'm not
prepared to give it away. But if there's some interest I'll be glad to spend
a little time and get it ready for prime time, so to speak. I would
encourage anybody who is interested to contact me by private email and we
can discuss pricing options or even potentially joint development efforts.
And yes, I can set up an evaluation.

Thanks for your interest,

Mike Stankavich, CTO

NorFab/ISP, Inc.