[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 00:00:37 -0700

Message 1: Pagers and ISPs
from "Lamar Townsend" <lamar@shuttle.com>

Message 2: Re: NT Drive Mirroring
from "WINNT" <winnt@hotline.net.au>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Pagers and ISPs
From: "Lamar Townsend" <lamar@shuttle.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 00:39:14 -0500

I have had alot of request in the past couple of weeks for people who want
to be able to receive email messages via their digital pagers and I was
wondering if I anyone know of any software that can do this. I'm thinking
about offering this as a service to my users in the form or many giving
them two email accounts like user@isp.net for their normal email and maybe
a secondary account like user@pager.isp.net. It looks like a local pager
company is providing about the same service.

Lamar Townsend
Microgear Computers & Microgear.Net
lamar@shuttle.com
lamar@microgear.net

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: NT Drive Mirroring
From: "WINNT" <winnt@hotline.net.au>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 16:19:50 +1000

Hello List,
The configuration is:
Disk0= 1Gb System & 3.5 Gb DATA
Disk1= mirror of disk0

As mentioned it is working fine on the sister server that is IDENTICLE in
hardware, firmware and software.
I carried out the same steps when doing both servers.
After I mirrored the servers all seemed fine and both mirrors on both drives
appeared sucessful.
After reboot the size of the system partition on disk1 had increased from
1024Mb to 1028Mb and the data partition on disk1 had changed to unformatted
partition.
No errors were listed in the event viewer.
Yet the other server has been working fine.

HELP

Malcolm Joosse
Technical Director
Hotline Support Pty. Ltd. " Our Service is your Support "
malcolm@hotline.net.au
www.hotline.net.au