Re: NT Drive Mirroring

HERVE_GRAND@HP-Switzerland-om3.om.hp.com
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:57:00 +0200

=20

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________=
________
Subject: NT Drive Mirroring
Author: Non-HP-winnt (winnt@hotline.net.au) at HP-Switzerland,mimegw7
Date: 8/14/98 9:12 AM

Hello List,
=20
I have a NT4SP3 server with 2x 4.5Gb UW SCSI drives.
I want to mirror the drives using NTdisk admin and NTFS.
I created a 1Gb(1024MB) NT partition for the system and then a 3.5Gb DAT=
A =20
partition.
I then tried to create a mirror and the NT partition on the second drive=
=20
after the mirror went to 1028Mb.
This has now made it impossible to mirror the DATA as the size of the se=
cond =20
drive is smaller than the first.
I had another server setup EXACTLY the same way and I hads no problem wi=
th =20
the mirroring of both drives.
The second server had the same hardware brands for everything.
=20
Why is this so
Please help
=20
Malcolm Joosse
Technical Director
Hotline Support Pty. Ltd. " Our Service is your Support " =20
malcolm@hotline.net.au
www.hotline.net.au
=20
=20