RE: Looking for a utility

Bill Fisher ( (no email) )
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:32:30 -0700

I use Servers Alive, rather than whatsup. This product is more along the
lines of shareware. Unregistered it will check 10 hosts or ports and for
$69 you get unlimited. The URL is

-----Original Message-----
[]On Behalf Of Eric Fagan
Sent: Friday, July 31, 1998 11:19 AM
Subject: Re: Looking for a utility

You mean, like a network monitoring tool (or a portsniffer)? WhatsupGold
watches my pop3/smtp/radius/telnet/nas's & other stuff and can page me,
email me, etc, if anything drops. It also has web based management so you
can get a status board remotely.
It's $$bucks tho, about $995.

If it's a portsniffer you're looking for, I suppose you can use Asmodeus
(now known as Webtrends Security Scanner, I believe).