[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 00:00:29 -0700

Message 1: Re: nt 40 install failure
from Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>

Message 2: Re: nt 40 install failure
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 3: Re: nt 40 install failure
from jeff.binkley@asacomp.com (Jeff Binkley)

Message 4: Re: nt 40 install failure
from Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>

Message 5: Re: nt 40 install failure
from Ray Brighenti <bargi@webfront.net.au>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: nt 40 install failure
From: Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:23:53 -0400

not that i know of. fdisk with msdos 6.20 system disk.
i will double check tho.

thanks

mark

At 10:38 AM 7/17/98 +1000, you wrote:
>You wouldn't happen to have answered "Yes" to Fdisk to use Fat32?
>
>NT needs your boot patition to be Fat16 or NTFS formatted
>
>As far as I know anyway, unless someone knows different :)
>
>Ray
>
>At 07:33 PM 16-07-98 -0400, Mark DeWar wrote:
>>I am trying to install nt40 on a new machine. but everytime it gets ready to
>>install it says can't find the ms-dos partion made to install nt.
>>So i fdisked and formatted. did no good. just fdisked it. no good.
>>what does this error mean and how do i continue on.
>>
>>thanks
>>md
>>

>__________________________
>WebFront
>webmaster@webfront.net.au
>http://www.webfront.net.au
>__________________________

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:38:38 -0400

> From: Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
> not that i know of. fdisk with msdos 6.20 system disk.
> i will double check tho.

Have you tried letting the NT boot disks handle the partitioning/formatting
of the drive(s)??

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

From: jeff.binkley@asacomp.com (Jeff Binkley)
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 10:36:00 -0500

> From: Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
-> > not that i know of. fdisk with msdos 6.20 system disk.
-> > i will double check tho.
->
-> Have you tried letting the NT boot disks handle the partitioning/formatting
-> of the drive(s)??
->
-> Josh Hillman
-> hillman@talstar.com

Take your DOS 6.2 disk and boot from it. Then FDISK and delete all partitions.
Next use the FDISK /MBR command. Then use your NT diskettes and install NT and
allow it to create the partitions. This should fix it for you.

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:00:14 -0400

did that too. i went back to nt 3.51 and it started loading. but 4.0 gives
me that dang message. won't find msdos partition.

mark

From: Ray Brighenti <bargi@webfront.net.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 12:59:11 +1000

How about, Load Windows 95 first, then install NT from withn 95, after NT
is installed convert to NTFS if desired and delete the Windows 95
directory, maybe a bit messy, but I can't see you getting a clean install
at the moment ;)

Ray

At 06:00 PM 17-07-98 -0400, you wrote:
>did that too. i went back to nt 3.51 and it started loading. but 4.0 gives
>me that dang message. won't find msdos partition.
>
>mark
>
>At 09:38 AM 7/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>> From: Mark <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
>>> not that i know of. fdisk with msdos 6.20 system disk.
>>> i will double check tho.
>>
>>Have you tried letting the NT boot disks handle the partitioning/formatting
>>of the drive(s)??

WebFront
webmaster@webfront.net.au
http://www.webfront.net.au