[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Thu, 16 Jul 1998 00:00:28 -0700

Message 1: IIS4 stop service
from "Wilawal Malainual" <ann@anew.co.th>

Message 2: Re: auditing files
from "Paul Sheahan" <pesheah@peoples.com>

Message 3: Re: IIS4 stop service
from "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>

Message 4: Anyone using Netscape CCK?
from "Mike@NetDotCom" <mikek@netdotcom.com>

Message 5: Re: Shipping record from Micromatics
from mlongley@texinet.net (Mike Longley)

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: IIS4 stop service
From: "Wilawal Malainual" <ann@anew.co.th>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:44:10 +0700

Hi.
I've problem with IIS4 which it's stopped service by itself. I must
restart computer for solving this problem. Any help ?

Thanks,
WM.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: auditing files
From: "Paul Sheahan" <pesheah@peoples.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:15:45 -0400

In User Manager, enable auditing on success and failure of "File and Object
Access"

Then select the directories you want to audit using NT Explorer and assign
users or groups you want to audit. Select Delete success and failure to
audit for that directory. Your security log will grow much faster, and
performance on that server might degrade slightly, but it will show exactly
who is deleting files.

From: "Josh Hillman" <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 09:36:13 -0400

> From: Wilawal Malainual <ann@anew.co.th>
> I've problem with IIS4 which it's stopped service by itself. I must
> restart computer for solving this problem. Any help ?

Our IIS4 never stops itself, but on occasion it will refuse to stop if I go
into Control Panel --> Services and stop World Wide Web Publishing (or
whatever it is). When this happens, I get an error saying that it failed
to respond within a reasonable amount of time or something and the
inetinfo.exe is still lurking around as a running process. At this point,
I find out what the process ID is, open up a command prompt and
kill 123 (or whatever the ID is)
since "ending the process" gives me an access denied.
The kill.exe file (35kB) comes with the Windows NT Resource Kit.

No reboots are necessary.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Anyone using Netscape CCK?
From: "Mike@NetDotCom" <mikek@netdotcom.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 13:02:30 -0400

I am having a problem with getting a reliable build out of the Netscape CCK.
If anyone is using the Netscape CCK to customize Navigator. I would
appreciate some help.

Specifically I get an Invalid page fault on a Win 95C in MSVCRT.DLL when I
try to run my custom Netscape after installation.

Mike

| Message 5 |
Subject: Re: Shipping record from Micromatics
From: mlongley@texinet.net (Mike Longley)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 21:55:44 -0500

why do you keep sending these to me fred