RE: Usage Metering in Cybercafe

Dwight G. Jones ( (no email) )
Tue, 14 Jul 1998 16:29:07 -0700

Our PayMaster product can bill from RAS (.evt) or RRAS or any of half a
dozen more formats, but I expect that you would be using RAS or RRAS here.

You could Group the clients according to which programs they were using, but
you'd have to tell PayMaster what the rate was for that machine, for that
customer; it can't detect particular programs.

It would require someone who knew their network well to configure it, such
as importing the logs more or less continuously, but the customers could
read their time when required etc.

Trial it for 30 days from www.imagen.net and have a look at it - it's a
no-hassle download.

Over time it could save you huge labor and optimize revenues at the same
time.

Best Regards;

Dwight G. Jones
Imagen Communications Inc.
http://www.imagen.net
Information Architects tm

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Sheryl Stover
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 3:43 PM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: Usage Metering in Cybercafe

I wish I could say that our software did this, but that's not where
we've concentrated our development efforts. :) The only program I've
come across which is designed for the purposes you are describing is
called "Cyber-Time", and can be found on the web at
http://www.cybertimesoftware.com. I cannot vouch for its stability,
features or support - I just know that it's in my list of bookmarks
for ISP billing software, and that it's designed for computer rentals.

Hope this helps,
Sheryl Stover
IEA Software Sales

On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, bp wrote:

: Dears,
:
: Our company now owns a Cybercafe and we want to track PC-usage via
software.
: The machines run on WIN95 and some are WIN-NT.
: I'd like to track several applications (games, office, internet...)
: seperately in groups (different prices)
: Best way would be the spec. user logs in then he is charged standard
price,
: if he uses some spec. apps he is charged the additional ammount for
this...
:
: Other ideas welcome too ;-]
: Maybe You can point me into the right direction....
:
: T.I.A. Bernd
:
: P.S. If You know an application that saves the accounting data into a
: database for later charging on a central PC - this woul dbe great.
Otherwise
: I had to code this whole stuff myself and this WILL be timeconsuming...
:-(
:
: X-BOX Online Service GmbH
: Buelowstrasse 90, 10783 Berlin, Germany
: fon: 030-26554330 fax: 030-26554332
: http://www.x-box.com e/m: info@x-box.com

Sheryl D. Stover sds@iea-software.com
IEA Software Sales http://www.iea-software.com
509.444.2455 x 51 (voice) Emerald ISP Management Suite
509.624.9903 (fax) RadiusNT