[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 00:00:24 -0700

from "FG" <fgrondin@guetali.fr>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Monitoring Radius
From: Jon Nowell <jnowell@DIALNET.CO.UK>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 1998 17:03:31 +0100

Hi,

W'ere running RadiusNT Ver 1.16. We are looking to monitor the Radius
Service Via Whatsup.

Should i set whatsup to monitor Our Radius Server on port 1645 ??

Any help would be much appreciated

Jon

Jon Nowell

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: .mid files
From: "Greg Martin" <greg@earth1.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 13:10:43 -0400

I am running NT4.0 with IIS 4 and my users pages that contain .mid files for
background music on their pages play fine with Internet Explorer but will
not play with Netscape Navigator. The exact same files loaded on another
provider play with both browsers. Does anyone have a suggestion to what
might be wrong. Maybe an IIS setting?

Greg Martin
Planet Earth Internet Services

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: VopMail or MailSite
From: "David Payer" <david.payer@ia-omni.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 08:47:58 -0500

Vircom's reputation for technical support has also always
>been excellent, as can probably attest our clients that are subscribed to
>this list.
>
>Richard.

Vircom has been a substantial part of our growth as an ISP. Not affiliated,
just a customer.

David Payer
OMNI Internet
www.ia-omni.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: RE: .mid files
From: rkm@marshall.net (rkm)
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 09:34:58 -0400

Check your MIME extension settings for *.MID

| Message 5 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: RAID controller - RAID performance
From: "Juergen Weiss" <weiss@wwweiss.de>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 1998 20:33:15 +0200

I want to upgrade my production server with a raid-system. After reading
several docus I am not quite sure which solution I should use:

1.
RAID-controller with 1 SCSI port and 3 harddiscs with 4,3 Gb each setup as a
RAID 5 system. Then creating two partitions 1 Gb for system 7 Gb for data
and applications.

2.
RAID-controller with 3 SCSI ports and 2 harddiscs with 2 Gb setup as a
mirror (raid 1) for system and 3 harddiscs as raid 5 like mentioned above.
This should give better performance because there are 3 SCSI channels and
also reduced head-movements because the swap-file is not located on the
discs for the applications.

I am wondering if I need the extra performance of solution 2? My server
(Dual PPRO 200, 128 MB) is not much loaded, but running most of the
applications (IIS 4.0 www and ftp, Mailserver, DNS, Radius with access DB,
fileserver for internal use). I do not have performance problems right now
with my single 4,3 Gb disc, but want to have good fault tolarance.

Also can someone recommend a good and reliable controller?

I would appriciate any comments or ideas.

TIA
Juergen Weiss

Weiss Internet Services
D-74862 B i n a u
Tel. +49 6263 45036
Fax +49 6263 45037
weiss@wwweiss.de
http://wwweiss.de

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 6 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: WorldMail from Qualcomm
From: Kris Kedzierski <kkedzie@comports.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 16:28:20 -0500

Is anybody using this? What are your experiences?

Thanks
Kris Kedzierski
kkedzie@comports.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 7 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: WorldMail from Qualcomm
From: Cyberop <losco@techie.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 16:17:01 -0700

I am using it now and that is all i have used. have had no problems, love it!

At 04:28 PM 7/5/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Is anybody using this? What are your experiences?
>
>Thanks
>Kris Kedzierski
>kkedzie@comports.com

Carlo Krun
cyberop@is-plus.net
System Administrator 541-955-8564 http://www.is-plus.net
Internet Solutions Plus, Inc. 541-955-8564
225 SE 8th St FAX - 541-955-9141
Grants Pass, Or 97526

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 8 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: Jason Zigmont <jason@kilroys.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 20:23:00 -0400

You might want to make sure that they have both the <IMBED SOUND> (for
Netscape) and <BGSOUND> (for I.E.) ... I had a user call me and tell me
the same thing... Come to find out he didn't try it at all.. And was
missing one of the tags.

Jason

At 01:10 PM 6/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>I am running NT4.0 with IIS 4 and my users pages that contain .mid files for
>background music on their pages play fine with Internet Explorer but will
>not play with Netscape Navigator. The exact same files loaded on another
>provider play with both browsers. Does anyone have a suggestion to what
>might be wrong. Maybe an IIS setting?

Jason Zigmont (N1JIV) jzigmont@globalcenter.net
Senior Account Executive 212.618.9625 (V)
Frontier GlobalCenter 212.571.2036 (F)
Quote of the Day:
* I intend to live forever - so far, so good

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 9 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "FG" <fgrondin@guetali.fr>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:06:00 +0400

Hello everybody,
I had the same problem some times ago, with IIS3.
The problem was that IIs didn't have th "MIDI" files mime type.

So, I added it, and now it works.

Here are the 2 documents that helped me do the change :
http://x2.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?AN=352962285&CONTEXT=896945191.12779549&hit
num=

and Micriosoft knowledge base article number Q142558
Regards, Frédéric (frederic.grondin@irm.ravnal.fr)
PS :
The HTML code I used in the HTML page was the following :
<bgsound SRC="../music/song.mid" HIDDEN=true VOLUME=100 LOOP=TRUE
AUTOSTART=TRUE NAME=music_embed MASTERSOUND>
<EMBED SRC="../music/song.mid" HIDDEN=true VOLUME=100 LOOP=TRUE