RE: Post.Office migration

Bill Fisher ( (no email) )
Wed, 1 Jul 1998 11:14:14 -0700

I don't have an answer to your password question but I would have to
seriously question your choice of Metainfo. We started our ISP with DNS
and Mail from Metainfo. Big mistake. The mail was slow, crashed at night
so we had no mail service in the morning (once a week), I could go on.
Same for DNS, slow, crashes general ugliness. We now use Bind (very
fast) with almost 100 domains and NTmail with 3-400 email accounts.

I will say that we were not using the current rev of software that is out
now, but I won't be going back.

Sincerely

Bill Fisher <bill@etc.net>
Network Operations Manager
ExcelSoft Technology http://www.etc.net

-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Randall Hixson
Sent: Wednesday, July 01, 1998 10:56 AM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Post.Office migration

We're planning to switch about 300 mail accounts over from Post.Office to
MetaInfo's Sendmail, and I'm wondering if there's any way to do it without
changing everyone's passwords and waiting for the flood of calls. Does
anyone know of a way to extract passwords from Post.Office's files. Any
tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.