Re: switchover SMTP with Exchange and IMS

Paul W. Wilcox ( (no email) )
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:35:53 +1000

Over time we have been running EMWACS as both a primary and secondary
servers in various configurations, in all cases it has proven to be robust
and very capable, perhaps a classic example of the KISS principle.

The answer to your question is yes, if set up correctly at a DNS level, all
you have to do is have it running, it will take all mail that the primary
would normally receive, and within about 5 minutes of the Primary coming
back on line, it will dump the mail across. The page you refered to is
actually instructions for a mailfilter called SCMS, which is an excellent
add-on for this program (again it's freeware), it is a very cmplete
anti-spam/relay set of plugins.

If for some reason you've got something against freeware, try MailSite.
It's based on the same code, and just as solid but with a greater array of
features.

Hope this answers your questions.

Paul W. Wilcox
Director - Sales and Marketing