RE: ARGH! Can't back up!

rkm ( rkm@marshall.net )
Tue, 9 Jun 1998 21:39:16 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BD93EF.0E2674B0

My guess is that the account you are running the services (arcana? Arcada
maybe? and AT or WINAT) under doesn't have sufficient privledges. Doesn't
matter who you are logged in as if a service is what's running the backup.
-----Original Message-----
From: ntisp-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:ntisp-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dan Waldron
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 9:04 PM
To: NT ISP list
Subject: ARGH! Can't back up!

Evening chaps.... (and chapesses of course...)

I have just knocked together a second machine to look after web serving
and I'm trying to back it up over the network. I'm using NTBACKUP. If I
start my little batch file from a command prompt or by double clicking on
teh icon, it works great, backups up all local drives and the network drives
too. However, if I schedule the backup, by either using Arcana Scheduler or
NT's Schedule service, I get the following errors. My logon has not changed,
I'm still the Administrator. The tape drive is on the PDC, the web server is
the BDC.

Rgds
Dan
Tape Name: "Tape created on 6/10/98"
Backup of "O:"
Backup set #4 on tape #1
Backup description: ""
Backup Method: Normal
Backup started on 6/10/98 at 3:57:10
Please see the owner or administrator to get permission.
Please see the owner or administrator to get permission.

Backup completed on 6/10/98 at 3:57:13
Backed up 0 files in 0 directories.
Processed 0 bytes in 3 seconds.

Dan Waldron
Diversified Data
dan@diversified.com.au
http://www.diversified.com.au
Ph: 0417-659-828 (+61-417-659-828)
Fx: 02-9832-0951 (+61-2-9832-0951)

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01BD93EF.0E2674B0

My=20guess is that the account you are running the services (arcana? Arcada =maybe?=20and AT or WINAT) under doesn't have sufficient privledges. Doesn't =matter who=20you are logged in as if a service is what's running the backup.=20