[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 00:00:47 -0700

Message 1: Off topic: Any virtual web hosting service that runs Cold Fusion ?
from "Danny Sinang" <danny@uplink.com.ph>

Message 2: UPTOMP
from jeff.binkley@asacomp.com (Jeff Binkley)

Message 3: Re:
from asmaayni@cybernet.net.ma

Message 4: NT Network Question
from Matthew Andersen <mander@zso.dec.com>

Message 5: Netscape Customization Kit
from "John David M. Miller" <webmaster@samnet.net>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Off topic: Any virtual web hosting service that runs Cold Fusion ?
From: "Danny Sinang" <danny@uplink.com.ph>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 17:04:51 +0800

Hello.

Does anybody know any virtual web hosting service that allows Cold Fusion to
run on it ?

Danny Sinang
President - Uplink Technologies, Inc.
( Provider of "Clean" Internet Access )
www.uplink.com.ph
danny@uplink.com.ph

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: UPTOMP
From: jeff.binkley@asacomp.com (Jeff Binkley)
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 08:18:00 -0500

N>If MS. Reno wins her case I think an appropriate punishment would be
N>for Gates to have to convert all of the NT computers in the world to
N>multi-processors using that wretched uptomp.exe from the resource
N>kit!! I should have known better after previously hosing a couple of
N>other installations, but being a slow learner I tried again yesterday
N>- same result - BSOD and a totally blown installation.

N>It seems that I finally managed to upgrade before by reinstalling NT,
N>then the service pack and hotfixes. If I recall correctly, I had to do
N>something during the installation to cause a screen to appear where I
N>could select the type of computer I was using. I believe I had to hold
N>down a key, but I can't remember what or when. Surprise, but a search
N>of the M$ KB yielded zero. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Yes, but I've never had a problem myself with it. If NT is so bad and
MS is the big evil, use something else. Government intervention is
seldom a good thing. Just watch the FTC and privacy regulations that
are coming for the Internet. Or what about the largest tax increase in
history which was never voted on but imposed by the FCC under an
executive order. Of course Reed Hundt stepped down before the firestorm
began... Be careful what you wish for...

Jeff Binkley
ASA Network Computing

CMPQwk 1.42 9999

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re:
From: asmaayni@cybernet.net.ma

unsubscribe RadiusNT

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: NT Network Question
From: Matthew Andersen <mander@zso.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:57:54 -0700

I am installing NT, but can't have it copy the netdrivers for the DE500
netcard. The file for this driver is oemnadd4.inf, I have removed
reference of this file from the dosnet.inf and layout.inf file. However
it
still wants to copy. Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?

Thanks,
Matthew

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 5 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Netscape Customization Kit
From: "John David M. Miller" <webmaster@samnet.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 22:02:45 -0400

We just started using the NS CCK. I was wondering
if anyone knows where I might locate some documentation?

I am trying to figure out how the integration with the
Account Setup Editor output files works. I am assuming ;-(
that after (or before) the browser installs there is a
way to automatically open this wizard to setup clients
with dial up networking and the correct access number?

I am probably overlooking something simple but searches of
Netscape's site and the Internet at large have not revealed
any answers.

TIA

John Miller
webmaster@samnet.net