Re: Reverse DNS Configurqation in MS DNS

Majordomo@essex1.com ( (no email) )
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 17:20:59 -0500

Hi;
According to Arin (http://www.arin.net/whois/), the IP addresses
209.205.52.0 belongs to INTERLINK.NET.
Whenever we get new addresses from MCI we have to file an InAddr request
for that licence before our reverse DNS works properly. You may have your
software configured properly, it may be the rest of the world just doesn't
know it yet.

At 09:56 AM 6/2/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi, I may be a bit off topic here, but I am trying to fix a quirk in our
>system that is driving us all CRAZY.
>
>In our own domain, reverse DNS Lookup works fine, our MS DNS appears to be
>configured correctly.
>
>but when I query servers outside my domain, even a root server, they can
>never figure out who we are.
>
>Is anyone who knows MS DNS willing to give me a hand via chat or something
>to troubleshoot it?
>
>My DNS servers are:
>
>209.205.52.2 (Secondary to .8)
>
>209.205.52.8 (Primary)
>
>This has the follwoing zones:
>
>auroranet.nt.ca
>spyd.com
>designerden.com
>52.205.209.in-addr.arpa
>
>My email is webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca
>ICQ# is 1908691
>
>Thanks to anyone who is willing to help
>Franco Nogarin
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\eudora\attach\winmail122.dat"

R. Laughlin
Majordomo@essex1.com
Essex Internet
Sterling, IL 61081