Re: O/T Reserved IP

iml@interconnect.net
Thu, 28 May 1998 11:31:09 -0500

NAT should work fine on a normal mail server just make sure it allows
access from whatever private address range you are using (i.e.
192.168.1.0) etc....

It doesn't really matter if those IPs propagate out via the header
they are private addresses and cannot be reached...that's the purpose
of the NAT. In fact, the headers in the email might use the public
address that is being set in NAT when it translates your private
address.....I'm sure it depends which side of the NAT box your mail
server is located.