RE: FTP Service on IIS 4.0

Danny Mayer ( mayer@mro.dec.com )
Fri, 22 May 1998 08:24:00 -0400

You can. You just have to install Site Server 3.0 and use the
membership services and point the Web server, FTP server, RADIUS server
to use it instead of NT SAM. Note that Site Server Membership is an
LDAP implementation on top of SQL Server. You would need the MCIS 2.0
version of IAS for RADIUS services to do this with Membership.

Danny

At 04:45 PM 4/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 04:03 PM 4/29/98 -0400, you wrote:
>
>>How do you provide web page authentication with RAIDUS? I wasn't aware you
>>could do this. That would make for a different situation.... Do you provide
>>frontpage extensions on your web pages? Does that allow for RADIUS
>>authentication as well?
>
>No, that I cannot do (wish I could). I do have to retain separate SAM
>entries for FP extensions, but very few of my customers use it -- most use
>FTP to update pages, and SERV-U can and does authenticate out of RADIUS.

Danny Mayer Digital Equipment Corporation
mayer@mro.dec.com Marlboro, MA 01752