[NTISP Digest]

ntisp-digest-request@iea-software.com
Tue, 19 May 1998 00:01:48 -0700

Message 1: Memory Leak problems.
from ACCS Internet Services <internet@accs.net>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Memory Leak problems.
From: ACCS Internet Services <internet@accs.net>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:11:46

Ok here is the scenario.
I have for a few months now been battling one of our servers leaking memory.
I have gone through and docuemented the problem what I think to be pretty
thouroughly. There is 128MB of Physical RAM in the machine and counting
virtual memory a total of around 187MB of memory. Right after a reboot
there is an approximate usage of about 40MB of memory when you go into task
manager. Within a week the Server runs out of memory and it is necessary
to reboot. I have the following running on my machine:
IMail latest version.
MetaInfo DNS latest version.
IIS3.0 with the Web and FTP service running.

The server also serves as the PDC on our network and a secondary DNS server.
Has anyone heard of any sort of problems with this configuration. This
just started happening a few months ago and there really was no documented
change that I can remember in the system config. Any help or advice would
be much appreciated. Thanks,

-Jason
-Jason Kallner
ACCS Internet Services