Re: Poor TCP/IP Performance on 95/NT

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Wed, 13 May 1998 15:19:10 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BD7E82.7A70C120

reducing the protocols being used at the same time should improve the =
performance of your TCP/IP Stack... Linux only has TCP/IP on it and that =
is why it is running at 130-150k.
-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Coleman <scoleman2@csolutions.net>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Cc: winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com <winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com>
Date: May 12, 1998 10:38 PM
Subject: Poor TCP/IP Performance on 95/NT
=20
I can't get better than 80Kb/sec on any of our Win95 machines or NT =
machines, using FTP via our T1. Our Linux machine easily gets =
130-150Kb/sec. All machines are using the same NIC's (905TX) and are =
connected to the same Hub. I have read alot about MTU problems with =
SLIP and PPP with Win95 but can't find any info on improving TCP/IP on =
Ethernet. =20
=20
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
=20
Steve
=20

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BD7E82.7A70C120

reducing the protocols being used at =the same=20time should improve the performance of your TCP/IP Stack... Linux only =has=20TCP/IP on it and that is why it is running at 130-150k.
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Steve Coleman <scoleman2@csolutions.net>=
To:=20 ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Cc:=20 winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com==20 <winnt-l@peach.ease.lsoft.com=>
Date:=20 May 12, 1998 10:38 PM
Subject: Poor TCP/IP Performance =on=20 95/NT

I can't get better than 80Kb/sec =on any of=20 our Win95 machines or NT machines, using FTP via our T1.  Our =Linux=20 machine easily gets 130-150Kb/sec.  All machines are using the =same=20 NIC's (905TX) and are connected to the same Hub.  I have read =alot=20 about MTU problems with SLIP and PPP with Win95 but can't find any =info on=20 improving TCP/IP on Ethernet.