Re: IRC question

Gregory W. Bondy ( (no email) )
Fri, 08 May 1998 23:34:21 -0500

Just for the record, I find your whole overriding "clean" censorship policy
fundamentally revolting and distasteful.

However, if you're interested in an ircd-like program with censorship
ability, check out "Kitten"

http://www.jmjones.com/kitten/

It's what _all_ the good fascist ISP's use.

At 11:47 AM 5/9/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Hello.
>
>We would like to limit the IRC servers and channels that our users could
>access.
>
>What I plan is to run our own IRC server and have it link to other IRC
>servers.
>
>Questions:
>
>1. Is it possible to specify which channels on the remote IRC server I would
>like my users to have access to ?
>2. How ?
>3. Does ircd, which runs on Unix, have this capability ?
>4. If yes, what version ?
>5. If not, what Windows NT IRC server has this capability ?
>

>Hope someone could help me.
>
>Danny Sinang
>President - Uplink Technologies, Inc.
>( Provider of "Clean" Internet Access )
>www.uplink.com.ph
>danny@uplink.com.ph

Gregory W. Bondy
Systems Administrator
MaelstromNet, a service of DarkWell Communications
postmaster@maelstrom.net, gbondy@maelstrom.net
314-353-2352