Re: FP problem

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Tue, 5 May 1998 13:06:19 -0400

> From: Na'eem Jeenah <njtech@mandla.co.za>
> We've suddenyl started having problem with FP sites using discussion
> forums, guest books, etc. When any post is made, there is an
> acknowledgement of it being accepted, but it doesn't appear on the
> site. No error message to indicate permissions problem or any such
> thing. Using FP Extensions 98, IIS4.0

I'm not familiar with the problem that you're running into, but are you
using the latest FP extensions?
http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/wpp/exts.htm

If you need to update them, just download the file and run it. You don't
need to uninstall anything first. I don't know if you have this problem or
not, but most of the time I shut down "World Wide Web Publishing",
inetinfo.exe goes haywire and causes a Dr. Watson error. If I kill FTP
first, then shut down WWW, it's fine. What I'm getting at, is if you run
into these problems, you might want to turn off IIS4 before installing the
newer FP extensions. When I did mine FP shut down WWW then IIS4 crashed
with a Dr. Watson. There were no problems though--everything installed
fine. I still have no idea why my inetinfo.exe had a tendency to die as
frequently as it does...

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com