Re: NT Hit Counter

Zak Wolfinger ( (no email) )
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 14:16:39 -0500

Yeah, we already provide that with Stats Server from Media
House, but many clients still want a hit counter.

Zak

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Castagna <ric@viperlink.net>
To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
Date: Friday, April 24, 1998 1:14 PM
Subject: Re: NT Hit Counter

At 12:48 PM 4/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>This is the one we are currently using and for some reason
>it's randomly resetting some of the counters to 0 about
once
>a month.

Related to the topic...sort of.

Have you thought about implementing a log analysis program
that you can
charge for? Hit counters are nice, but as an accurate
measure of web site
visits, they're less than reliable.

HitList is Free (for the Standard version), and WebTrends
isn't too
expensive. Both of them make nice pretty charts, and give a
bunch of
information to completely inform your subscribers of the web
site performance.

/ric