[Emerald Digest]

emerald-digest-request@iea-software.com
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 00:00:15 -0700

Message 1: Re: Emerald Database
from Annabel Mwansa <amwansa@zamnet.zm>

Message 2: Re: Emerald Database
from "Humberto Guzman" <hguzman@sysop.com.mx>

Message 3: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing" <webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca>

Message 4: RE: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing" <webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca>

Message 5: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Derrick Young" <dyoung@thenew.net>

Message 6: RE: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from Jeff Woods <jwoods@delta.com>

Message 7: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>

Message 8: NAS of Choice for Emerald
from "Robert H. Clugston" <robert@csnsys.com>

Message 9: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>

Message 10: RE: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Robert H. Clugston" <robert@csnsys.com>

Message 11: Re: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>

Message 12: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Derrick Young" <dyoung@thenew.net>

Message 13: Re: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Derrick Young" <dyoung@thenew.net>

Message 14: Re: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>

Message 15: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>

Message 16: Online Calls
from "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>

Message 17: Y2K Compliance
from Rafael Gomez <rgomez@mail.vnzla.c-com.net>

Message 18: Re: Online Calls
from "Greg Dobinson" <gregd@kenora.com>

Message 19: Re: Online Calls
from "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>

Message 20: A few problems
from "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>

Message 21: Re: Y2K Compliance
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

Message 22: Email Invoices
from "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>

Message 23: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

Message 24: RE: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from "Lanham Rattan" <lanham@montrose.net>

Message 25: Re: Emerald Database
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

Message 26: Re: Emerald Database
from John Lange <radadmin@palacenet.net>

Message 27: billing a "first month free"
from "Bernard Andrys" <bernard@olg.com>

Message 28: Re: Email Invoices
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

Message 29: Billing "special" accounts
from "Bernard Andrys" <bernard@olg.com>

Message 30: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from Jim Dunmyer <jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>

Message 31: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
from Jim Dunmyer <jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>

Message 32: Re: Consolidation
from "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>

Message 33: RE: Consolidation
from "greg Lowthian" <greg@isat.com>

Message 34: Re: Emerald Database
from Annabel Mwansa <amwansa@zamnet.zm>

Message 35: Re: Emerald Database
from Annabel Mwansa <amwansa@zamnet.zm>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 1 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Emerald Database
From: Annabel Mwansa <amwansa@zamnet.zm>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:00:25 +0200

Hello,

I just recreated the Emerald Database on our server. We are using Emerald
2.2.38. The steps I followed were as follows:

1. Delete Database using Emerald Admin
2. Create the Database using Emerald Admin
3. Ran radiusnt.sql against the emerald database
4. Ran rad25_up2.sql
5. Ran consol.sql

Everything works very well when emerald is run from the server. I tried to
run it from the client computers but it keeps coming back with 'SQL Error
adding main account', 'Sql command failed' to name a few.

It won't allow transactions to be done on the client computers.

Did I miss something?
Thanks!
Annabel Mwansa

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 2 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Humberto Guzman" <hguzman@sysop.com.mx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:07:46 +0000

At 06:00 PM 8/27/98 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I just recreated the Emerald Database on our server. We are using Emerald
>2.2.38. The steps I followed were as follows:
>
>1. Delete Database using Emerald Admin
>2. Create the Database using Emerald Admin=20
>3. Ran radiusnt.sql against the emerald database
>4. Ran rad25_up2.sql
>5. Ran consol.sql=20

I didn=B4t do step 5 you mention... could that be the reason my radiusnt
service is stopping every 10 hours (aprox)...

Thanks!
Humberto G

>Everything works very well when emerald is run from the server. I tried to
>run it from the client computers but it keeps coming back with 'SQL Error
>adding main account', 'Sql command failed' to name a few.=20
>
>It won't allow transactions to be done on the client computers.
>
>Did I miss something?
>Thanks!
>Annabel Mwansa
>=20
Servicio de Comunicacion En Linea SA de CV
SysOp Interrnet

Tel. 338-9424

http://www.sysop.com.mx

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 3 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
From: "Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing" <webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:06:55 -0600

Dale, we plan to buy all new equipment and sell our older stuff. We are an
all NT ISP and would like a NAS recommendation for about 20-25 lines with
expandability for ISDN etc. What would you recommend?

Franco Nogarin

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 4 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: RE: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
From: "Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing" <webmaster@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 11:56:03 -0600

We are currently looking at the Total Control System by USR because it
offers full analog and digital and has a nice promo for us. Is there any
known issues with the total control system from USR/3COM that would cause a
problem with Emerald or Radius?

Franco

From: "Derrick Young" <dyoung@thenew.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:13:25 -0400

Does 3Com Support count as an issue?

>We are currently looking at the Total Control System by USR because it
>offers full analog and digital and has a nice promo for us. Is there any
>known issues with the total control system from USR/3COM that would cause a
>problem with Emerald or Radius?
>
>Franco

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 6 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: Jeff Woods <jwoods@delta.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:18:59 -0400

At 11:56 AM 8/27/98 -0600, you wrote:

>We are currently looking at the Total Control System by USR because it
>offers full analog and digital and has a nice promo for us. Is there any
>known issues with the total control system from USR/3COM that would cause a
>problem with Emerald or Radius?

I know this:

Folks I know who use Total Control racks have to tweak and muck with
configuration quite frequently. I know TC admins who are into their racks
literally on a daily basis.

I have a Lucent/Livingston PM-3 that has gone untouched for six months.
Everyone I know who uses PM-3 NAS's is also likewise mostly hands-off.

For the same money as a TC, probably less, you can get the Lucent box,
which many think is far superior to the TC chassis.

Your call. I'd go with Lucent.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 7 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:47:13 -0400

>>We are currently looking at the Total Control System by USR because it
>>offers full analog and digital and has a nice promo for us. Is there any
>>known issues with the total control system from USR/3COM that would cause a
>>problem with Emerald or Radius?
>
>I know this:
>
>Folks I know who use Total Control racks have to tweak and muck with
>configuration quite frequently. I know TC admins who are into their racks
>literally on a daily basis.

I disagree on this because I rarely go and touch my Rack mounts...
We have not touched the racks other than to install new code into it to
support V.90 and additional radius Features.

>I have a Lucent/Livingston PM-3 that has gone untouched for six months.
>Everyone I know who uses PM-3 NAS's is also likewise mostly hands-off.
>
>For the same money as a TC, probably less, you can get the Lucent box,
>which many think is far superior to the TC chassis.

If your talking about the TC with the Netserver Card in it, yes there is a
problem with small packet information and that is NOT USR's Fault. The fault
is Livingston (USR Licensed their code for the Netserver Cards) and Livingston
is not giving USR ANY RIGHT to fix their code. Livingston on the other hand
fixed their code and will not release it to USR. USR did something completely
different and developed the HyperARC Card which is superior to other
configurations. Well If you are gonna get a USR, MAKE SURE you ask your sales
rep to replace the Netserver Card for the HyperARC Card and then you will be
set for life.

BTW: USR Has an Upgrade program where they will refund the FULL amount of the
Netserver card when you purchase a HyperARC Card.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 8 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: NAS of Choice for Emerald
From: "Robert H. Clugston" <robert@csnsys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:00:22 -0700

List,
I also run PM3's I have no problems what so ever, besides the fact that they
are lagging on their v.90. Although people say the reason they are lagging
is because they want superior code. I just want my Hayes to go from 42K to
48K like when you run one of the betas.
I also heard that TC units have cooling problems, but who knows maybe
they're like Cyrix chips (they run fine even when you can fry an egg on
them)?

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 9 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:51:22 -0400

From: "Robert H. Clugston" <robert@csnsys.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:03:38 -0700

Plan and Simple...........
Statistics show that more modems sold are K56Flex, and that the faster
connection speeds are done with Lucent compatible chipsets.
It took me 10 mins to setup my PM3 and it has been running fine ever since.

Subject: Re: NAS of Choice for Emerald?
From: "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:20:08 -0400

>Plan and Simple...........
> Statistics show that more modems sold are K56Flex, and that the faster
>connection speeds are done with Lucent compatible chipsets.
> It took me 10 mins to setup my PM3 and it has been running fine ever since.

I actually have K.56Flex customers who actually switched to us because the
other providers were not pumping the data they said they would and we are
connecting them with V.90 some at speeds of 54k and a few at 56k. But the
average is around 46-48k compared to the 38-40k they were getting with the
actual K.56flex.

Hehe the battle of the NASes rages on.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 12 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Derrick Young" <dyoung@thenew.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:31:59 -0400

I found USR Tech Support to be great. However when it went to 3 Com life
then became a different story.
>Hmmm If you get the Chassis, get the Premium Support 365/24/7 agreement.
With
>this I never had any problem to get in touch with a USR Tech. Otherwise
you
>will wait like our friend Derrick Young.
>
>With the Support contract, you get 24/7 support and next day shipping to
>replace any defective parts. Service is Not cheap and paying for the extra
>support will save your business during that holiday weekend when you have
any
>problems with your chassis.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 13 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Derrick Young" <dyoung@thenew.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:36:21 -0400

>connecting them with V.90 some at speeds of 54k and a few at 56k.

I was under the understanding this was not possible due to CRTC(in Canada)
regulations on the voltage on the line or something along those lines. Is
this different in the U.S.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 14 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:38:01 -0400

Actually here in Canada there is no FCC/CRTC Regulation on this. I know the
FCC has one but CRTC does not have a public notice on this in Canada
therefore presumably there are no limitations here. But yes you are right in
the US, there is a limit at 53k via the Telco provider. It was bizare to see
a client connect at 56k here. I thought the same but guess he is really close
to the CO (maybe next door to it). 56k is technology that is better the
closer you are to the CO.

>>connecting them with V.90 some at speeds of 54k and a few at 56k.
>
>I was under the understanding this was not possible due to CRTC(in Canada)
>regulations on the voltage on the line or something along those lines. Is
>this different in the U.S.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 15 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
From: "Rudy Komsic" <rudyk@cyberglobe.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:39:21 -0400

>I found USR Tech Support to be great. However when it went to 3 Com life
>then became a different story.

Actually quite normal when you merge. I find it more efficient now since they
revamped the tech support centre. Allows me to get to a Tech faster.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 16 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Online Calls
From: "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:05:28 -0400

Hi

Im still unable to bring up the online calls in Emerald. I checked our Max
and accounting and auth appear to be set up according to the requirements in
the radiusNT manual. What else needs to be done, checked, set up etc. It
was working before our OS upgrade to the ascend. I have the ports at 1645
and 1646 respectively but it still isn't working.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 17 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Y2K Compliance
From: Rafael Gomez <rgomez@mail.vnzla.c-com.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:17:00 -0400

------ =_NextPart_001_01BDD1D6.200BE960

Hi all
Is Emerald or Radius NT 2.5 Y2K compliant?. If so, I want to
know where I could find a letter with the Y2K certification. It is very
important to us because our enterprise wants to deal with the Y2K
certification and is very necessary all the companies we work deal with.

Dale, Would you like to help me with this, please?

Thanks in advance

Rafael Gomez

Subject: Re: Online Calls
From: "Greg Dobinson" <gregd@kenora.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:14:05 -0500

Have you tried doing a server Re-Port in the emerald administrator?

Greg Dobinson, MCSE
TechNet of Kenora
Kenora, Ontario Canada

gregd@kenora.com

From: "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:32:04 -0400

A few times

Subject: A few problems
From: "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:34:22 -0400

running Emerald 2.1.11

Whenever I turn on concurrency control and variable logon limits, no users
can log in. Any ideas what could cause this?

Also, Online calls are still not working. I have checked and rechecked
everything and I can't find the problem. Help needed badly on this one.

Dumb question of the week, where do I need to change our sa password?

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.
| Message 21 |
'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'
Subject: Re: Y2K Compliance
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:30:20 -0700

We have a Y2k letter that is avaialbable and will be put on our
website here soon. Both products are Y2k compliant. If you need it
sooner you may request it from sales.

> Rafael Gomez wrote:
>
> Hi all
> Is Emerald or Radius NT 2.5 Y2K compliant?. If so, I want to
> know where I could find a letter with the Y2K certification. It is
> very important to us because our enterprise wants to deal with the Y2K
> certification and is very necessary all the companies we work deal
> with.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 22 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Email InvoicesFrom: "Richard Sensale" <richards@visitus.net>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:23:18 -0400

Which report file does Emerald use for Emailed Invoices? I need tocustomize ours to include out letterhead graphic and address.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 23 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:54:22 -0700

Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing wrote:> > Dale, we plan to buy all new equipment and sell our older stuff. We are an> all NT ISP and would like a NAS recommendation for about 20-25 lines with> expandability for ISDN etc. What would you recommend?

Probably a PM3. They seem to have the least amount of gripes.USR is getting pretty decent as well.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 24 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: RE: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?From: "Lanham Rattan" <lanham@montrose.net>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:56:02 -0600

I know that you see VERY few used PM3's for sale.

Lanham.

> -----Original Message-----> From: emerald-request@iea-software.com> [mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr.> Sent: Thursday, August 27, 1998 3:54 PM> To: emerald@iea-software.com> Subject: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?> > > Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing wrote:> > > > Dale, we plan to buy all new equipment and sell our older > stuff. We are an> > all NT ISP and would like a NAS recommendation for about 20-25 > lines with> > expandability for ISDN etc. What would you recommend?> > Probably a PM3. They seem to have the least amount of gripes.> USR is getting pretty decent as well.> > -- > Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)> _________________________________________________________________> IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs> Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 25 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: Emerald DatabaseFrom: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 15:02:35 -0700

Annabel Mwansa wrote:> > I just recreated the Emerald Database on our server. We are using Emerald> 2.2.38. The steps I followed were as follows:> > 1. Delete Database using Emerald Admin> 2. Create the Database using Emerald Admin> 3. Ran radiusnt.sql against the emerald database> 4. Ran rad25_up2.sql> 5. Ran consol.sql> > Everything works very well when emerald is run from the server. I tried to> run it from the client computers but it keeps coming back with 'SQL Error> adding main account', 'Sql command failed' to name a few.> > It won't allow transactions to be done on the client computers.

Are you logging in as "SA" from the client computer or a normaluser account? What is the date format in the control panelregional settings of each computer?

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 26 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: Emerald DatabaseFrom: John Lange <radadmin@palacenet.net>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:03:07 -0500

Have you created the users in the NEW db, and checked the permissions on them?

JOhn :}

At 03:02 PM 8/27/1998 -0700, you wrote:>Annabel Mwansa wrote:>> >> I just recreated the Emerald Database on our server. We are using Emerald>> 2.2.38. The steps I followed were as follows:>> >> 1. Delete Database using Emerald Admin>> 2. Create the Database using Emerald Admin>> 3. Ran radiusnt.sql against the emerald database>> 4. Ran rad25_up2.sql>> 5. Ran consol.sql>> >> Everything works very well when emerald is run from the server. I tried to>> run it from the client computers but it keeps coming back with 'SQL Error>> adding main account', 'Sql command failed' to name a few.>> >> It won't allow transactions to be done on the client computers.>>Are you logging in as "SA" from the client computer or a normal>user account? What is the date format in the control panel>regional settings of each computer?>>-- >Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)>_________________________________________________________________> IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs> Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com>>

John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.608.742.1601 & 6980 1918 New Pinery Roadhttp://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901Visit our online store @ http://www.microt.com/Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/index.html

--- __o --- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town --- (_)/ (_)

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 27 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: billing a "first month free"From: "Bernard Andrys" <bernard@olg.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:47:32 -0400

How do you setup emerald to handle a "first month free" monthly or yearlyaccount.

Can the Start Date be used for this or will the user not be able to log inif the Start Date is set to a month in the future.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 28 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: Email InvoicesFrom: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 16:08:50 -0700

Richard Sensale wrote:> > Which report file does Emerald use for Emailed Invoices? I need to> customize ours to include out letterhead graphic and address.

Its called, drum roll, invoice.rpt :)

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 29 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Billing "special" accountsFrom: "Bernard Andrys" <bernard@olg.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 19:07:52 -0400

Is there any way to have Emerald handle "special" accounts.

That is we have couple dozen accounts that don't fit the standard billingoptions. Is there a way to have emerald bill these without having to createdozens of accounts types for each of these special accounts?

I noticed that under billing, there is "balance" and "other". Can "other"be used to fill in the amount that these accounts should be billed?

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 30 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?From: Jim Dunmyer <jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:29:35 -0400

Franco Nogarin - Cascade Publishing wrote:

> We are currently looking at the Total Control System by USR because it> offers full analog and digital and has a nice promo for us. Is there any> known issues with the total control system from USR/3COM that would cause a> problem with Emerald or Radius?>

We use USR TC racks here and they work very well indeed. Highly recommeded.

I have been buying from Source Technology; usual disclaimers apply. (I have norelation to them other than satisified customer)

<<jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>> <<lower SE Michigan, USA>>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 31 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: DALE: NAS of Choice for Emerald?From: Jim Dunmyer <jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 20:30:40 -0400

Jeff Woods wrote:

>>> Folks I know who use Total Control racks have to tweak and muck with> configuration quite frequently. I know TC admins who are into their racks> literally on a daily basis.

I don't ever touch my TC racks, there's no need to.

<<jdunmyer@toltbbs.com>> <<lower SE Michigan, USA>>

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 32 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: ConsolidationFrom: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:30:52 -0700

greg Lowthian wrote:> > I ran this and it returned 0 Rows affected> > Select Username, Calls=Count(*)> From Calls> Where Username NOT IN> (Select Login From SubAccounts UNION> Select EMail From SubAccounts)> Group By UserName> Order By UserName

Then you should be ok. The summary is only a summary an not exactly.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 33 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: RE: ConsolidationFrom: "greg Lowthian" <greg@isat.com>Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 17:49:48 -0700

> > > Then you should be ok. The summary is only a summary an not exactly.>

Ok how long will the periods stay in the summary. I assume on the firstnumber 3 will show up. I have consolidated every day and the (number)for 1 and 2 does not change.Also I cant believe that there aren't call records for canceled accountsthere has to be a bunch that can be deleted.I saw a script you sent someone that deleted from Calls if the account was not there.

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 34 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: Emerald DatabaseFrom: Annabel Mwansa <amwansa@zamnet.zm>Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:41:58 +0200

Thanks Dale,

The regional settings were different. It worked after I changed the settings.

Thanks again.Annabel Mwansa

Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> Annabel Mwansa wrote:> >> > I just recreated the Emerald Database on our server. We are using Emerald> > 2.2.38. The steps I followed were as follows:> >> > 1. Delete Database using Emerald Admin> > 2. Create the Database using Emerald Admin> > 3. Ran radiusnt.sql against the emerald database> > 4. Ran rad25_up2.sql> > 5. Ran consol.sql> >> > Everything works very well when emerald is run from the server. I tried to> > run it from the client computers but it keeps coming back with 'SQL Error> > adding main account', 'Sql command failed' to name a few.> >> > It won't allow transactions to be done on the client computers.>> Are you logging in as "SA" from the client computer or a normal> user account? What is the date format in the control panel> regional settings of each computer?>> --> Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)> _________________________________________________________________> IEA Software, Inc. | RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs> Internet Solutions for Today | http://www.iea-software.com

..------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------.| Message 35 |'------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------'Subject: Re: Emerald DatabaseFrom: Annabel Mwansa <amwansa@zamnet.zm>Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 08:43:14 +0200

The users have been created and permissions set.